Classic Turkish Hand Towel
Freshen up your kitchen or bathroom with some Classic Turkish Hand Towels. They are highly absorbent yet dry quicker than traditional towels. Featuring hand knotted fringe edges and available in 5 timeless colors!
- Material: 100% Turkish cotton
- Measurements: 36" x 22"
- Handmade with love in Turkey
- As with all handcrafted goods, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one-of-a-kind.
- Care: Turkish towels become softer and fluffier over time with more use and washings. Machine wash cold with like colors and hang dry or tumble dry on low. Do not use bleach or fabric softener as they can damage the fabric. If you get a pull in your towel or blanket, simply cut the loop. It will not unravel!
Originally used in Turkish baths, Turkish towels, also known as peshtamels or hammam towels, have been traditionally hand-loomed in Turkey for centuries. They are made using extra-long, tightly woven fibers which gives them a lightweight, yet highly absorbent quality. The patterns feature vibrant motifs conveying the timeless heritage of the Antatolia culture.
Our Turkish towels are loomed by small, family owned workshops in the Denizli region of Turkey. Weaving is the main source of income for these skilled weavers, who pride themselves on keeping the looming tradition alive, utilizing manual craftsmanship without compromising quality. They only use eco-friendly, OEKO-TEX certified, 100% natural fibers such as cotton and bamboo and colors are achieved through non-harmful dyes. Tassels are hand-knotted by women in their homes.
Who We Are
Kumiho co is an Oregon-based company that is focused on bringing attention to small North American artists and brands. We are passionate about providing modern, eco-friendly, and sustainable home décor.
Our name, Kumiho, was inspired by the Korean legend and folktale of the nine-tailed fox. The nine-tailed fox was known for its longevity and accumulation of energy. This is what we represent, creating a long-lasting relationship between artists and our website audience with the energy to curate products amongst this class of people.
Also, legend holds that the Kumiho is distinguished by its "yeo woo guseul" which consists of in-depth knowledge. This depicts our knowledge base in both the industry and in curating products for home décor.
What We Do
Each brand we bring to our site has a unique story or product. Before we get it out to our website audience, we engage in the proper vetting of all products for quality and assurance.
We have curated collections for your home décor that adds the touch of beauty that you’ve always dreamt of. This is what we do and are known for. We remain the bridge between artist and consumer.
In summary we:
- Find ethically sourced brands and artists with a unique story
- Test their quality
- Bring together a collection of trendy home décor with the quality to back it up
- Constantly search for cool new brands to bring to showcase. Like handcrafted Tunisian ceramics or upcycled textiles made by fair trade artisans in Bangladesh
How We Do It
We use our unique vetting system to verify all home décor products before putting them up. Once this stage is complete, we select only modern, contemporary, and A-grade styles for your home.
All orders are processed within 2 to 3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) after receiving your order confirmation email. You will receive another notification when your order has shipped. Shipping normally takes 3-5 business days.
Free shipping on all orders within the US. Standard rate for international orders applies.