Rolling Hills Estate, USA
Our story takes roots in the coastlands dotting the Indian and the Pacific oceans, where, traditionally, indigenous people lived in stilt shacks with roofs covered in nipa palm. Today, nipa huts have come to symbolize the Filipino value of bayanihan, the spirit in which the people of a community come together in an effort to achieve a common goal. It is this sense of communal unity from which NEEPA HUT draws its inspiration.
Our mission is to extend the value of the spirit in which the people of a community come together in an effort to achieve a common goal; by promoting and preserving the skills, crafts, and heritage of artisans from areas most affected by natural disasters, poverty, or overdevelopment.
Our values are inspired by the artisans’ dedication to the traditional methods of their crafts and their commitment to the sustainability of their land and its natural products. All of our goods are carefully selected, of premium quality, handmade, and locally sourced in fair trade. Our vendors themselves come from the communities that create our specially chosen collections.
FAIR TRADE AND SUSTAINABLE
- Crafted by artisans of the indigenous Bidayuh people, each basket has a unique, intricate pattern that reflects their rich heritage.
- Your purchase supports the basketry cottage industry, which has been adversely affected by overdevelopment of the Bidayuh’s traditional lands.
WOVEN BASKET MATERIAL
- Color: Natural Specs: 8"H x 11"Diameter (Fits a 10” plant saucer)
- Material: Rattan Due to the handmade nature of our pieces, there may be slight variations in size, color, and pattern from item to item.
MULTIPURPOSE HANDMADE BASKET
- These intricately crafted baskets add a unique natural element to your home.
- Use them as a beautiful storage or artisanal houseplant holder.
- Handmade using small strips of rattan and bamboo, they’re a treasure to keep.
Who We Are
Kumiho co is an Oregon-based company that is focused on bringing attention to small North American artists and brands. We are passionate about providing modern, eco-friendly, and sustainable home décor.
Our name, Kumiho, was inspired by the Korean legend and folktale of the nine-tailed fox. The nine-tailed fox was known for its longevity and accumulation of energy. This is what we represent, creating a long-lasting relationship between artists and our website audience with the energy to curate products amongst this class of people.
Also, legend holds that the Kumiho is distinguished by its "yeo woo guseul" which consists of in-depth knowledge. This depicts our knowledge base in both the industry and in curating products for home décor.
What We Do
Each brand we bring to our site has a unique story or product. Before we get it out to our website audience, we engage in the proper vetting of all products for quality and assurance.
We have curated collections for your home décor that adds the touch of beauty that you’ve always dreamt of. This is what we do and are known for. We remain the bridge between artist and consumer.
In summary we:
- Find ethically sourced brands and artists with a unique story
- Test their quality
- Bring together a collection of trendy home décor with the quality to back it up
- Constantly search for cool new brands to bring to showcase. Like handcrafted Tunisian ceramics or upcycled textiles made by fair trade artisans in Bangladesh
How We Do It
We use our unique vetting system to verify all home décor products before putting them up. Once this stage is complete, we select only modern, contemporary, and A-grade styles for your home.
All orders are processed within 2 to 3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) after receiving your order confirmation email. You will receive another notification when your order has shipped. Shipping normally takes 3-5 business days.
Free shipping on all orders within the US. Standard rate for international orders applies.